Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Create a beautiful wedding website, and share the joy of your engagement and wedding with your friends and family. A bride sent my their link and I was so impressed that I had to share it with everyone. www.wedsite.com offers website that you can alter to your liking and add unlimited photo’s and sections, thousands of design combinations in a unique format. Prices start at $39.
Monday, March 29, 2010
Brooke Bready Photography Class of 2011 Senior Rep Program
- Want to get your Senior Photo session for free?
- Want to have some great images for Facebook, and your MySpace portfolios?
- Want to get free prints & photo albums?
- Then our Senior Rep Program may be for you.
Brooke Bready Photography is now seeking high school senior representatives for the class of 2011! If you are currently a high school junior or know a high school junior who might like to be a senior rep, here’s what you need to know.
If accepted, you will be representing Brooke Bready Photography and telling your friends about our Senior Sessions throughout your senior year. Be sure to let your Junior friends know also, so they will have a chance to apply for the 2012 program!
In order to be a senior rep, you must:
• Have great style, lots of personality and enjoy being in front of the camera. • Be a current high school junior graduating in 2011. • Live in and attend school in one of the following areas: frederick country, montgomery county, northern Virginia and the surrounding areas. • Be available to have one session completed before May 1st, 2010. • Agree to tell your friends and classmates about Brooke Bready Photography and share your senior portraits with them. • Have your parents or legal guardians sign a model release form. • Agree to represent ONLY Brooke Bready Photography and use these images as your senior pictures.
As part of our senior rep program you will receive the following:
• Free photo session(s) with unlimited clothing changes. Photos may be completed in one session or several sessions at BBP’s discretion. Several locations may be used. • 50 personalized referral cards to give to friends and classmates with your name, your portraits, and our Business information to hand out to friends • Several of our favorite photos as low‐resolution files to share on social networking sites like Facebook, Myspace or Blogs (with our logo on them). • A digital slideshow on your Facebook, Myspace, and Blog Pages • Discounts on your print packages plus free print packages on referrals!
Terms and conditions are listed below for all Senior Portrait Representatives. The first photo session must be completed by May 1st of the Junior Year. Parents or legal guardians of the Senior Rep must sign a model release, allowing us to use your images for advertising purposes. The program is first come, first serve, so act fast if you are interested.
Please Email us at email@example.com and tell us about yourself and what school you attend by April 15, 2010
Had a blast yesterday at the Crofton Country Club in Crofton Md. Met some wonderful women who were so excited about planning their weddings. I also met some wonderful vendors, after the show I took a couple shots of the models wearing the sample gowns from a local bridal shop.
Monday, March 22, 2010
So for the past several months I have been craving cheese danishes, it’s been 5 years since I ate anything with gluten and I have not found a place that has GF danishes, so I found a recipe online and altered it and though they might not look like a danish found at the local Panera, they are soooo good!! I was so proud of myself that I grabbed my camera!
- 1 cup of rice flour
- 1/4 teaspoon guar gum
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 tablespoons water (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoons of sugar
- pinch cinnamon
Makes twelve pastries.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet or cover it with parchment.
1. Combine the topping ingredients and reserve. Cream cheeses vary in texture so you may need to add extra cream (or other liquid) so that it is spreadable.
2. Prepare batter by first combining the dry ingredients, then separately the wet ingredients. Stir them together until completely moistened. Some brands of ricotta are thicker than others so it may be necessary to add a small amount of water to make a smooth batter (batter will be very moist).
3. Spread circles of batter in prepared pan. Press center down lightly and cover with topping.
4. Bake for 20-35 minutes until lightly browned. Loosen from pan while still warm to prevent sticking.
Serve warm or cold.
Note: Although these danish keep better without refrigeration than most sugar-free baked goods, it’s best to store them in the refrigerator. They also freeze beautifully.
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Recently I was notified that I have been approved for a volunteer photographer for Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep (NILMDTS). It’s a great foundation gently provides a helping hand and a healing heart. For families overcome by grief and pain, the idea of photographing their baby may not immediately occur to them. Offering gentle and beautiful photography services in a compassionate and sensitive manner is the heart of this organization. The soft, gentle heirloom photographs of these beautiful babies are an important part of the healing process. They allow families to honor and cherish their babies, and share the spirits of their lives. The NILMDTS mission statement is to introduce remembrance photography to parents suffering the loss of a baby with the gift of professional portraiture. We believe these images serve as an important step in the family’s healing process by honoring their child’s legacy.
The Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep Foundation (NILMDTS) administers a network of more than 7,000 volunteer photographers in the United States and 25 countries. At a family’s request, a NILMDTS Affiliated Photographer will come to your hospital or hospice location and conduct a sensitive and private portrait session. The portraits are then professionally retouched and presented to the families on an archival DVD or CD that can be used to print portraits of their cherished baby.
You can check out their website at: http://www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org/
and if your interested in making a donation