Saturday, July 10, 2010

back from vacationing!

I'm Back!!!


I'm back from my vacation and I'm slipping back into full swings of things fast! As soon as I got off my over night flight I had a session right away. This weekend I will be photographing Jessica's and Wayland's wedding and then lot's of family sessions on Sunday.

I had a wonderful week off, in fact I spent that time in one of my favorite states, California. I really do believe happy cows come from there. While there I visited my  my BFF Candace in Santa Barbara, we both attended ASU together and have remained close since graduation. I LOVE LOVE Santa Barbara  weather is perfect and shopping and food is amazing. Did the whole ocean kayaking thing and then flipped my kayak. 

I then made my way up to San Francisco where I visited another close friend Chris. Did the roof top parties on the 4th, visited, beaches, and of course did the whole Napa Valley experience. Had a wonderful time but now back to work!


Here's what I did!

In Santa Barbara! Candace talked me into it. I'm Peacock face, and she is rainbow face.... we had to stand in line with children. Her fiance was a bit embarrassed when we wore these paintings on out faces at dinner. 



Hiked to visit the Nojoqui Falls near Santa Barbara.



I also went Kayaking in Santa Barbara, but I flipped my kayak and lost the camera.... the good news is that I got a new point and shoot and it's waterproof!







I discovered a new love while in California, Pink Berry! OMG is it good. It's like nothing else out there. It's like yogurt but frozen! but unlike that other "frozen yogurt" it really does taste like frozen yogurt.  I also found out that they are "swirling soon" in Washington D.C.




So after a few days in Santa Barbara I flew up to San Francisco to visit Chris. Chris and I met back in Atlanta in 2002 while we were both in college. This is us on 4th of July. We did a series of parties most of which were on roof tops. In this picture you can see Alcatraz in the back, and if it wasn't so foggy you could have seen the Golden Gate Bridge to the far left.  Talk about cold! I wore a fleece jacket and stood under a heat lamp, it was so cold you could see your breath!





Visited Half Moon Beach which is outside of San Francisco.






One of my favorite food's is In & Out burger! I don't even like fast food but this place is like no other! If you ever see one while your on the west coast you have to check them out! 
my way is the: double double, protein style, with grilled onions



Napa Valley! First time visit for me, very beautiful! and oh so many great wines! We visited and wine tasted at 4 wineries including: Signorello Estates, Robert Sinskey Vineyard, Charles Krug Vineyard, and Beringer. Afterwards we ate at this AMAZING restaurant called Mustards, I recommend that too if your out that way.








so that's my week long vacation in a nutshell!



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Parkers + Family Session