Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Down on the shore

While growing up in Maryland I spent my summer's with my G-d parent's down on Deal Island which is located right outside of Princess Anne. They worked on the water so in the summer it was crabbing They had a shanny in the backyard that held floats and they ran a business selling live soft shell crabs to high end restaurants in Baltimore. I loved being down there. They had three daughters who were older then me, but like my sisters. My job was to help with cleaning and wrapping crabs, and picking crab meat. On the weekends it was always about going to the beach. These days I don't get to spend a whole month down there at a time, but I do get there on occasion for a weekend. Last month I was down there for a job, I spent  a couple extra days with Tammy who is the youngest of the daughter's and  is one of my best friend's and her daughter Maddie is so special to me, I love spending time with them. While down there we went to the "little" beach, went shopping, crabbing, and even found time for Snow Biz snow cones.....yum!!!



I'm a bad influence...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Parkers + Family Session