Friday, August 13, 2010

Rori & Ryan-Reherssal Dinner

love this rehearsal dinner because there is a story behind it. So when I was in high school, you could take classes at a technical school located about  1/2 an hour from my high school. So that's just what I did my senior year. I had the most amazing art teacher who taught graphic design. Ms. Messersmith took me under her wing and taught me so much about art and guiding me where to go to college to follow my dream in photography.  At the time she had a daughter Rori who was a model in NYC, once in a while she had a gig in the area and I was always invited to come along and watch and see how the photographers worked. Well one time it was a last minute gig and Rori had a job in in Baltimore at the American Visionary Art Museum (which is my favorite art museum hands down) well Ms. Messersmith got an idea and so she called my mother and got permission to take me down there and found a substitute teacher and to teach the remaining of the day and we drove down there. It was amazing! The photographers let me help and taught me things and I even got a job with one of them as an assistant. Not many people can say they had an amazing teacher like I did, but almost 10 years later I still friends with my high school teacher, though I now call her by her first name, Bettina.  We go out to dinner, go to art openings, and have dinner parties at her house. Well this summer Rori got married to Ryan who she has known since 2nd grade. That in itself is amazing story, they were friends as children, dated in high school remained close friends as each other went after their dreams and moved all over the world. They began to date again and then engaged! So last month they tied the knot in there home state of Maryland. 

I photographed the rehearsal dinner. It was one of the most beautiful rehearsal dinner's I've seen. It was at the house where Ryan grew up. It looked like it should have been in the County Living Magazine. The backyard was lit up with hanging lights,  lots of picnic table were set up with brown paper for the crab feast. Bettina design and screen printed tee shirts for everyone  that had 'crabaholic' printed on them and was handed out for everyone to wear so they don't get crab chum on them. There was crab ornaments that one of the relatives made that had Rori and Ryan on them. While there I noticed that Ryan's dad looked familiar and after a little while I realized that he was the preacher at my first wedding that I ever did on my own when I started my company. It was a special evening for me as a photographer and friend to  have been asked to photograph this special evening. 

Congrats to Rori and Ryan!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

The Parkers + Family Session